video capture driver interlacing question (easycap)

Hi everyone,

As you may know I'm re-writing from scratch the staging/easycap driver.

Finally, after digging through the labyrinthic staging/easycap code,
I've reached a point where I'm able to understand isoc packets.
Despite not having any documentation (I asked several times) from chip vendor,
I can separate packets in odd and even.

So, instead of receiving frames the device is sending me fields, right?

My doubt now is this:
* Do I have to *merge* this pair of fields for each frame, or can I
give it to v4l?
If affirmative: how should I *merge* them?
* Is this related to multiplanar buffers (should I use vb2_plane_addr)?

Currently, staging/easycap does some strange and complex conversion,
from the pair of fields buffers, to get a "frame" buffer (!) but I'm
not sure if it's the correct way to do it?

I guess I can keep staring at em28xx (together with vivi/uvc/pwc) driver,
but if someone cares to give me a small hint or point me at a small portion
of code I'll be grateful.

Thanks,
Ezequiel.