Re: dvb-c usb device for linux

@Remi - Thank you very much and to everyone involved in making it work.
Because - that it (almost) already works was knew to me.
I'm using Fedora 16 and Kaffeine all fully up to date
and for anyone interested here's all I had to do to make it work.

update software
===============
- get, build and install the latest media files as described in
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers
if the build fails as it did for me then if you are able to fix the error(s) in
the source file(s) then you want to build as described under "./build --man" for
"develop a new patch" i.e. by
"cd media_build/v4l;make"
instead of by using the build script which resyncs with the repository thereby
undoing your changes.

setup kaffeine
==============
- close kaffeine
- run "w_scan -fc" (for cable, -ft for terrestial) but no need for any longer
than until it starts scanning frequencies - for the effect of its commanding of
the 290e into the role of a dvb-c device
(is that what the reset button on kaffeine's device panel is supposed to do?)
- launch kaffeine
verify that the device1 panel says DVB-C and Cable as Name
besides, notice that the device2 tab corresponding to
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1
and formerly representing the dvb-c part of the 290e is now gone
- select a Source on the device1 panel
- scan for channels on the channels panel
notice that the channels panel says Cable as Source

with that kaffeine now shows cable tv using the 290e