Re: cx23885 module

Hi Dan,

Thanks for writing.

I can't do one-on-one end user support without copying in the Linux Media mailing list. I'm taking the liberty of doing so. Please reply-all when discussing this issue - so everyone can benefit.

[Dan is having issues being up an AverMedia board with a LG demod and a MT2131 tuner via the cx23885 driver]

However, I am having some trouble getting the tuner to be recognized. I was

It's the GPIO probably holding the tuner in reset, I suspect your gpio configuration is wrong. That's my first guess. What makes you think the gpio settings in your patch are correct?

hoping that you might be willing to look over the code a bit to see what I am
missing. I have altered the following 3 files: cx23885.h, cx23885-cards.c, and
cx23885-dvb.c. I am attaching the 3 files in this email. I have been trying to
do 3 things. First, to have the module auto-detect my card which was successful.
Second, I wanted to attach the LGDT330X as my frontend which was successful.
Third, I wanted to attach the MT2131 tuner. This third step is where I am having
my troubles. I feel so close but I am not there yet. I know that you wrote the
code a while back but if you would be willing to help me, I'd really appreciate
it. Some folks have gotten the ngene module to work with the M780 board which

Yeah, I worked on the ngene with Devin as part of our KernelLabs.com projects, we brought up the digital side of the card as a pre-test while investigating ngene analog support.

If the 2131 isn't attaching then it's because you think it's on a different I2C bus, or the LG demod has it's I2C gate closed (unlikely) or the tuner is not responding because it's being held in reset.

Do you see the tuner if you perform and I2C scan (modprobe i2c_scan=1)?

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com