Re: + prctl-add-pr_setget_child_reaper-to-allow-simple-process-supervision .patch added to -mm tree

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I can see why you want to know when processes exit and do it without
> tampering with the process, but it seems to me that's simply a question
> of us lacking a way to do this nicely, whether inotify/dnotify/etc
> on /proc, some kind of 'also signal me' property or some kind of process
> event interface.

Yes please!  The fact that in Unix one can only get notifications of a
process exiting when one is the parent is just lame, and SIGCHLD (like
all signals) sucks.  Lennart was tossing around a "childfd" namespace
proposal...