Re: Integrating upstream kernel bugzilla into distro kernel bugzilla?

Deepak Saxena wrote:
I'm not a bugzilla expert so wondering what others might be doing in this area?

On the Gentoo bugzilla, when I designate a bug as upstream (and not immediately solvable by myself) we usually undergo this process:

I first ask them to test the latest -rc kernel. Assuming that one is still broken, I then ask them to file the bug upstream, usually giving some guidance for the most important points (usually: this is a bug in driver X, its a regression introduced in kernel Y, and has been reproduced on unpatched -rc kernel version Z). I also request that they post the new bug URL when they have filed it upstream, and at this point I close the bug as RESOLVED UPSTREAM.

When they come back with the new bug URL, I add the keyword "watch-linux-bugzilla" to the bug status whiteboard field, and I put the upstream bug URL in the URL field if the user did not do that already.

I then go to the upstream bug and add kernel@xxxxxxxxxx to CC (this alias goes to everyone involved with Gentoo kernel stuff), and I add a link to the original bug report for my reference.

When any feedback appears on the upstream bug, we get the usual bugzilla notifications delivered to kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx When a fix appears I reopen the Gentoo bug and then close it once I have backported the fix. This is usually followed up by a submission to stable@xxxxxxxxxx as well.

Certainly not a streamlined process but it seems to hold up well.

Daniel

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kernel-packagers" in

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Laptop]     [Linux IBM ACPI]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Share Photos]     [Security]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]