Re: [patch]GPIO button is supposed to wake the system up if the wakeup attribute is set

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 01:23:11PM +0800, Li, Aubrey wrote:
> On 2014/4/18 7:54, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > Hi Aubrey,

> >> I think we have to handle this driver by driver. I didn't see how can we
> >> make it in a centralized location. Looking forward to see your proposal.

> >> This is expected behavior. I think I still need IRQF_NO_SUSPEND here.
> >> What I want is, this IRQ is able to generate pm wakeup event to wake the
> >> system up. It's enough for my case.
> >
> > The driver does call enable_irq_wake() in its suspend routine to prepare
> > the interrupt in question to be used as a wakeup source. Why isn't it
> > enough? It seems to me that your platform code should properly handle
> > this case instead of relying on the driver to modify IRQ flags.
>
> Yes, gpio_keys_suspend() does call enable_irq_wake() to enable the irq
> of the button. So when the button is pressed, hardware interrupt from
> this irq does occur.
>
> However, after gpio_keys_suspend(), irq_desc of this irq will be
> disabled if there is no IRQF_NO_SUSPEND flag. So when the hardware
> interrupt occurs, the irq handler won't call the action of the irq desc.
> That is, for this case, even if the driver call enable_irq_wake() during
> suspend, the irq handler in this driver won't be called because it's an
> action handler, not a irq handler.

Right, so what I am saying is that enable_irq_wake() should really be
taking care of that and ensuring that if device is marked as wakeup
source it should prepare irq handler code to run all necessary parts
instead of sprinkling random flags all over individual drivers.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry