Re: [RFC] LIBIIO

Hi Jonathan,

About function naming, my convention is to name the API functions after the structure they work with: iio_device_* accept a iio_device structure, iio_channel_* accept a iio_channel, iio_context_* accept a iio_context.

In that logic, the create functions are not passed a iio_context, so they are not named with the same pattern. However, I really don't mind to change that if you think having them named iio_context_create_* would be better.

About attributes sharing, what you describe is already implemented, just not for all device attributes. Given the following sysfs files:
  in_magn_scale
  in_magn_x_raw
  in_magn_y_raw
  in_magn_z_raw
the local backend of the library will detect that 'in_magn_scale' is a device attribute that should be shared between all input channels named 'magn[0-9]+' or 'magn_{modifier}'. For the 'sampling_frequency' attribute, the library has no way to tell whether or not it applies to the channels, and so it is left as a device attribute.

Thanks for your comments!

Paul