Re: ata_check_status_mmio exception kernel panic

> port freeze during an interrupt while DMA is active causes a bus error
> to be thrown when the ata_check_status call fires.  I cannot reproduce
> this on x86.  I assume it handles the taskfile read error differently.

I hit this problem with the HPT343 (which locks the bus if you do this).
For other devices where you get a PCI abort it is usually the case that
x86 platforms ignore them while on many other platforms they produce
exceptions.

In general I think we need to be sure all the core code paths stop DMA
before poking in the taskfile (other than the basic IRQ check which we
can't avoid)

Alan