Re: [eSATA] 2.6.28.7: IO errors

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Tejun Heo wrote:

Hello,

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
Hm, using a 62cm long cable ATM, should it be even shorter? It's going to be difficult physically then:-(
62cm looks short enough.  My long cable is much longer like 2m

But what about your drives - dies the connector fit well in the slot and sits firmaly there? With my disk looks likt the connector cannot be inserted completely because of too small a hole in plastic:-(
But mine fits well and firmly, so maybe you need to take out the knife
after all.

yeah, warranty, you know:-( I contacted the retailer, will see. but it's strange - I bought mine in December 08, so, it's new enough, so, why?... The opening in the case is ~4.8mm, the plastic part of the connector on the eSATA cable is ~6.8mm... Ok, that's getting way OT, sorry.
..

Speaking of which.. dealextreme.com sells surprisingly excellent eSATA
cables with really sturdy connectors.  Very cheap pricing, too,
with free shipping worldwide.  An easy way to eliminate cable fuss.

Cheers