Re: PROBLEM: When hibernating or resuming, ide driver locks the computer with 100% cpu utilization (2.6.28.7)

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 08:00:45PM -0700, Pedro R wrote:

> The following is a description of a bug in the linux kernel, according to the REPORTING-BUGS file.
>

> [1.] One line description: When hibernating or resuming, ide driver locks the computer with 100% cpu utilization (2.6.28.7)
>

> [2.] Full description: Bug is 100% reproducible on suspend, appears to be quite random when resuming.
>
> After removing a previously inserted CD / DVD from the drive, any attempt to hibernate locks up the computer.
> After the line "suspending console: use no_console_suspend ..." the following 2 lines loop infinitely:
>
> ide: status error = 0x04 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error}
> hdc: failed opcode = 0x059

can you please clafify the exact order of how things happen: do you
remove the CD after having hibernated the machine or during? What
are the exact steps/their order, you do to trigger the bug? Can you
also send me the whole dmesg output of a suspend/resume cycle? In case
you can't catch the whole output due to the logs being swamped with the
messages above, try setting log_buf_len kernel cmdline parameter to a
higher value like 10M, for example.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,