SG_IO and HDIO_DRIVE_TASKFILE issue

Can be executed a SG_IO command for a ATA hard drive ? because I have tried everything. I have
deeply studied the hdparm (version 7.7) source code and I came to realize that ATA commands like
setting the acoustic value, setting the drive write-caching, identify device can not be executed
with the SG_IO, so after hdparm tries with SG_IO which can't be executed jumps with a goto to the
legacy command (HDIO_DRIVE_CMD) to execute the required task. And I also know that libata don't
include support for the HDIO_DRIVE_TASKFILE command, so my question is how can I have full control
over a hard drive because for that you must to use either HDIO_DRIVE_TASKFILE but that is not
supported or SG_IO which is not working like HDIO_DRIVE_TASKFILE