at24: writing with SMBUS and no I2C_FUNC_SMBUS_WRITE_I2C_BLOCK

Hello -

I have a system that uses SMBUS, but without the
I2C_FUNC_SMBUS_WRITE_I2C_BLOCK functionality.  As it is today at24.c
will only support read-only mode for this case.

Looking at at24_eeprom_write() the comments indicate it only supports
page writes as the alternative is too slow.  This decision seems to be
the root of why SMBUS without I2C_FUNC_SMBUS_WRITE_I2C_BLOCK gives the
read-only situation.

The notion of "slow" seems a bit arbitrary to me.  Is there some other
technical reason or gotcha hiding here that you know of?

Would a nicely written patch that adds write support for this case be
acceptable?  I have not written it yet, but would like to.

Cheers,
Curt