Re: packet radio gateway

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Richard B. Pyne <rpyne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been inactive in the world of packet radio for about ten years and am
> trying to get back involved. All of the "how-to" documentation I have been
> able to find regarding setting up a linux based AMPRnet gateway is at least
> 15 years old.

That's essentially it...

> A group of us are trying to get an IP packet network up and running with the
> hope of being able to provide primarily email service to portable/mobile
> stations.

If your goal is primarily to provide an Email service, then you'll be
far ahead to participate in the winlink2000 system.  They only do
email and they do it well.

There's a lot more cool stuff that can be done with TCP on packet -
but that's a whole different ballgame.

> Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

> 73, nz7k

73
Bill - WA7NWP