Re: KISS TNC problems with kissattach and mkiss

Robert,

Let me preface my comments by saying I have yet to install and play with Ubuntu where it intersects with Amateur radio (though I do intend to do so and play with packet again).

Have you looked at this page at all? I have been reading some of there pages and am curious what people think of the qualatative level of their work and their packages?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHams

V/R,

Stuart, N3GWG

--

IT2 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR, N3GWG (Extra), MROP
Beverly Hills, CA / Las Vegas, NV / Philadelphia, PA / Washington, DC

Quoting Robert Mead <rmead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I was finally able to fix this by compiling ax25tools, ax25apps, and libax25 myself. Ubuntu's versions are old. Still not sure why that fixed it, since it seemed to be a kernel-level (miss module) issue.

Running the serial port at 1200bps improved things substantially, as well, but didn't entirely fix it.

-Robert KC2YWE