Re: Issue with RS232 <-> USB adaptor (FC15)

Le 13/06/2011 à 22:28, f8arr a écrit :
Hello,

I'm not sure because I found the problem to resolve my issue :

stty --file=/dev/ttyUSB0 clocal

I remove all flow control on the serial.

Has I have two same USB controler, I made a diff from USB0 to USB1 :

# diff usb0 usb1
5c5
< -parenb -parodd cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts
---
-parenb -parodd cs8 hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts

Ok, sorry for that, I made the wrong assumption that your /dev/ttyUSB0 device didn't even exist and that it was the reason you could not have any access to it.

This is quite strange as (at least as far as I know) PL2303 chips usually cope quite well with flow control. I've been using quite a few of them here, but never on Fedora Core however (thought I doubt this makes any difference here).

This is the only difference... maybe there is a configuration somewhere
at boot that specify such parameters. Has i'm not really aware of
hardware configuration I'll investigate to resolve on the source.
(instead of putting a line on my .profile ;-)

;-)

Regards,

Bruno - F8FIV