Re: Linux Packet Interface Hardware

Hi all:

A while has passed since this message went out originally, but I now
have a student interested in perusing this as an embedded systems
class project.  As we looked more into this, we found a deficit of
information in some important areas, namely the actual modulation
technique.  Before actually proposing this project, the student wants
to make sure its actually something within his relm of doing, and the
biggest questions at the moment are the requirements for actually
encoding the data into AFSK/FSK signals.  Are there any good
references on that?  Does someone also have handy the specification of
the BPQether spec?

He's looking at using a PIC product for the implementation that
actually has an ethernet port on it rather than the USB ether device,
but there is still flexibility in that.  Any other input on this would
be appreciated.

--Jim, K7LL