[OT]: PZT bbs software?

Hi all,

At the moment I work on a book chapter related to software that can
simulate real things. To reference works of others, I am interested in
written reports (web pages, online newspaper articles, e-book chapters,
e-books, or else) related to the experience with using a ham radio
software that can simulate a hardware node talking to another node, or
something similar. In that way, the sources I reference to will become
more visible after my book is published, so do not hesitate to suggest
me reading anything that is available - including your own reports :-))

Also, I need information where to get an updated version of Paula G8PZT's PZTBBS (Xserv) software for DOS machines. Seems that she does not respond to emails anymore. I recently made a telnet to her GB7PZT bbs and noticed it runs XServ AX25/IP/PSTN Mail/File/Web Server/Gateway v410h (13/8/06). But I did not find a way to get a copy of that version to install it here.

Finally, here you can see my test equipment:
            _____________                ____________________
VHF        |MS DOS 5 comp|              |MS Windows 2000 comp|
TRX--TNC2--|BPQ4.08a, PZT| --- LAN ---  | BPQ32 4.10n, FBB   |-- I'net
ant         -------------                --------------------
            YT7M-1 (BPQ)                   YT7MPB-3 (BPQ32)
            YT7M (PZTBBS)                  YT7MPB-4 (FBB)

My plan is to replace Windows setup on the right with Linux - or to have an alternative testbed for Windows-based computer. At the moment I have here Ubuntu 9.10 as a dual-boot with Windows, and wonder what suggestions do you have about the opportunities for Ubuntu. Earlier I played with Mandrake 9.1 and LinFBB but did not try it on Ubuntu.

Best regards,

Miroslav 'Misko' Skoric, YT7MPB

--

tutorial instructor:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/FBB.html
http://www.dirf.org/ndt2010
http://www.icact.org/
http://www.iaeng.org/IMECS2009
http://www.iaria.org/conferences2008/ICWMC08.html
http://www.wseas.org/conferences/2008/greece/education/
http://www.wseas.us/conferences/2009/rodos/education
http://eurocon2007.isep.pw.edu.pl/index.php?id=tutorials.php

book chapter author:

Handbook of Research on Human Performance and Instructional Technology
ISBN: 978-1-60566-782-9; 678 pp; October 2009
Published under Information Science Reference, an imprint of IGI Global
http://www.igi-global.com/reference/details.asp?id=34814
Edited by: Holim Song, Texas Southern University, USA; Terry T. Kidd,
Texas A&M University, USA