Re: Linux flavor ?

I'm running full blown Ubuntu with Gnome desktop on a similar system,
a 1ghz celeron-m with 512mb. I find the performance to be acceptable
for light web browsing, openoffice, compiling, etc. If I open too much
stuff at once then obviously it starts swapping; that's usually my cue
to close a few windows.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Randall <rkkennard@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just picked up a CF-M34 866Mhz 512mb RAM.
>
> I'm wondering what would be the best version of Linux to install, either a
> Linux only or a dual boot with Xp or W2K system.
>
> It would have to be wireless capable for internet use.
>
> I have a copy of Xubuntu but haven't used it yet.
>
> I've used SuSe, Ubuntu and Debian before, some years ago, but newer versions
> probably take more horse power.
>
> --

73 de n1ywb