Re: Linux flavor ?

Hi Randall..

Randall wrote:

I just picked up a CF-M34 866Mhz 512mb RAM.

I'm wondering what would be the best version of Linux to install, either a
Linux only or a dual boot with Xp or W2K system.

It would have to be wireless capable for internet use.
I have a copy of Xubuntu but haven't used it yet.

I've used SuSe, Ubuntu and Debian before, some years ago, but newer versions
probably take more horse power.

With regards to legacy type hardware, some options for the system include:

Puppy Linux http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=puppy

Ubuntu Lite (U-Lite) http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=ulite
using Ubuntu
TinyMe http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=tinyme
based on Unity Linux.

Zenwalk http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zenwalk
Vector http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=vector
both based on Slackware Linux.

There as several that can be used on older hardware, it just depends on flavour or version of linux the distro is based on.

--
Regards,

Stef Daniels
VK5HSX Amateur Station