Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Linux Patch Review Group

On 04/01/2014 11:16 AM, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
On 04/01/2014 05:41 PM, Chris Mason wrote:

Hello everyone,

During last week's Collab summit, Jon Corbet suggested we use the power
of social media to improve the Linux kernel patch review process.

We thought this was a great idea, and have been experimenting with a new
Facebook group dedicated to patch discussion and review.  The new group
provides a dramatically improved development workflow, including:

	* One click patch or comment approval
	* Comments enhanced with pictures and video
	* Who has seen your patches and comments
	* Searchable index of past submissions
	* A strong community without anonymous flames

To help capture the group discussion in the final patch submission,
we suggest adding a Liked-by: tag to commits that have been through
group review.

To use the new group, please join:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/linuxpatches/

Once you've joined, you can post patches in the group, or email patches to
linuxpatches@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-chris

NACK! I do not have facebook and I do not like patches to be discussed
behind my back. On the mailing list we don't even want HTML with bold
lettered words so no thanks facebook adds nothing

Please obliterate this bad idea.

(And I do not have Facebook shares or care to)

It's always hard to move on to new technologies. But at some point we have to recognize that the internet has developed a rich culture that the kernel community isn't taking full advantage of.

I certainly don't expect everyone to convert right away, but there's a whole world out there beyond port 25.

-chris