History of embedded Linux

Hi,

This is a little off-topic, but I have a bee in my bonnet about documenting where "embedded Linux" came from. As a starting point, I have written up a time line of key events, which is here

http://embedded-linux.co.uk/embedded-history

I am aware that there is a lot that I have missed, or misunderstood, so if you have a few minutes to spare perhaps you could have a look at it and tell me what I have got wrong. I am not sure where I am going with this, but I would like to use it as the basis of a longer document/web site/garden shed on the topic of the evolution of Linux as an embedded operating system.

Oh, one last thing. If someone has some reasonably reliable figures of the numbers of Linux products shipped, that would be nice. Ideally I would like a graph that goes from zero in 1995 to NNN million in 2012. I know, its a dream, can't be done...

Bye for now,
Chris Simmonds