Re: The status and future of Mantis driver

В сообщении от 6 January 2009 14:13:50 Pauli Borodulin написал(а):> Heya!>> I found out that there is some new activity on Manu Abraham's Mantis> driver, so I thought I could throw in some thoughts about it.>> I have been using Manu's Mantis driver (http://www.jusst.de/hg/mantis)> for over two years now. I have a VP-2033 card (DVB-C) and at least for> the last year the driver has worked without any hickups in my daily> (VDR) use. For a long time I have thought that the driver should already> be merged to the v4l-dvb tree.>> Igor M. Liplianin has created a new tree> (http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin) with the description> "DVB-S(S2) drivers for Linux". Mantis driver was merged into the tree in> October and since then some fixes has also been applied to the driver.> Some of these fixes already exist in Manu's tree, some don't. Both trees> are missing the remote control support for VP-2033 and VP-2040.>> Until merging of the driver into s2-liplianin, there was a single tree> for the Mantis driver development. Now that there are two trees, I fear> that the development could scatter if there's no clear idea how the> driver is going to get into v4l-dvb. Also, the driver is not only> DVB-S(S2), but it also contains support for VP-2033 (DVB-C), VP-2040> (DVB-C) and VP-3030 (DVB-T). DVB-S(S2) stuff will probably greatly(?)> delay getting the support for DVB-C/T Mantis cards into v4l-dvb.>> For my personal use I have created a patch against the latest v4l-dvb> based on Manu's Mantis tree including the remote control support for> VP-2033 and VP-2040. But what I would really like to see is Mantis> driver merged into v4l-dvb and later into mainstream.>> Igor, what are your thoughts about the Mantis driver? How about the> other Mantis users, like Marko Ristola, Roland Scheidegger, and Kristian> Slavov?Anyone and everyone is permitted to take anything and everything from s2-liplianin.The tree was made for testing purposes. If it works, than it works:)Me and Manu Abraham is not a friends, so ask him to make a pull request for mantis.And after that we(we like community) with combined efforts bring it to v4l-dvb.