Re: ATI Tv Wonder 650 owner : wants to help with Driver creation.

2008/12/21 Phill 2 <phill@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I have recently bought & built a new Rig to be a home media center & I
> thought from the Myth TV documentation that all ATI tv-wonders where able to
> be used by the linux driver's. Didn't read in depth to all the cross links.
> I am willing to try to work with someone to help get drivers working. This
> is the exact card  I have :
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI/AMD_TV_Wonder_650_Combo_PCI_Express
> (well mine was DiamondMM branded, hope that doesn't change anything)
> I can give you the exact details on the rest of my hardware spec's OS
> config, etc...
> Feel free to email me ASAP, i will have alot of time for the next few days
> to try things.

Hello Phil,

As unsupported products go, this one is worse than most - pretty much
none of the components are supported, nor is there documentation
available from the chipset vendor.

If this had been a product that was just a variant of some other
supported design using chips that we had drivers existing for then
this wouldn't be too hard, but that's not the case here.

Sorry, but if you're not a kernel developer then I would recommend you
buy a tuner that is already supported.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller