RE: [RFC 2/3] mei: unstaging mei driver

> > > Sure, this is understandable.  Alan is involved so I will check
> > > where this stands.
> >

> > It looks like Alan was too busy  with his other tasks in order to
> > review the code.
>
> I gave it a first spin today on a T61 with Fedora 15

Thanks for trying this,  this is with current staging-next tree, right?

> - the userspace lms code didn't build but adding a missing include
>   <cstdio> fixed that trivially

Can you tell me where did you get LMS from?

> - the kernel side seems a bit more broken however
>
> mei 0000:00:03.0: setting latency timer to 64 mei 0000:00:03.0: irq 49 for
> MSI/MSI-X
>
> and when I tried opening it I get the following spew and an error of -
> ENODEV.

When you say opening... what do you refer to exactly?

> [ INFO: possible circular locking dependency detected ]
> 3.3.0-next-20120328 #1 Tainted: G         C

I've just run full validation cycle on this last week but I've never seen this one.
I will try to reproduce with lockdep enabled.

Thanks
Tomas