Re: [RFC patches] staging: bcm: Large cleanups

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Joe Perches <joe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 11:13 +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 09:55:38PM -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
>> > I did some more cleanup work on BCM.
>> > I think the patch series is too large to post. (2.2MB)
>> >

>> 34 patches?  Greg sneezes patch series way larger than that.  The
>> bad bit is that the merge window is open and all so the timing is
>> not great...
>>
>> The other person besides Johannes who was working on this is Kevin
>> McKinney.  Kevin have the cleanup patches you sent been merged into
>> linux-next?
>>
>> It would be great if we could merge that though.
>
> Hmm.  Drat.  A bit of bad timing on my part
> starting a cleanup to bcm without having
> applied Kevin's first.
>
> Kevin's patch series to CmHost.c have not been
> applied.  My series is to all of bcm/ and have
> conflicts with Kevin's.
>
> I think what I did is larger and more comprehensive
> than Kevin's and should be applied first.  This
> will require a bit of rework to his series.

Not sure if this matters, but I have not received an email
confirmation that the integer overflow (Bcmchar.c) that was fixed in
late December has been applied.

Do I need to merge my last 6 patches (CmHost.c clean up ) with Joe's
changes? Please let me know and I will jump on that ASAP.

Thanks,
Kevin