Making the asymmetric keys config option into a top-level option

Dmitry Kasatkin <d.kasatkin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When ASYMMETRIC_KEYS=y, but depends on CRYPTO=m, selections will be also modules.
> In random config case OID_REGISTRY, MPILIB and ASN1 became modules producing build
> break. This patch removes asymmetric keys dependency from CRYPTO, but instead
> selects CRYPTO and CRYPTO_HASH as they are needed.

You do realise that this makes the asymmetric key config option into a
top-level option?  I think, logically, that's the wrong thing to do.  They
should still appear under the crypto menu.

Note that I think your patch is really the wrong solution.  The right solution
is to fix the configuration tools - but that's quite an undertaking.

David