Re: [cryptodev:master 9/28] crypto/drbg.c:526 drbg_ctr_df() error: we previously assumed 'tempstr' could be null (see line 523)

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 02:45:33PM +0200, Stephan Mueller wrote:
> Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2014, 23:24:18 schrieb kbuild test robot:
>
> Hi,
>
> first of all, thanks for the information. As you have seen, I created a patch
> covering your comments on the NULL pointer handling.
> >
> > The kernel also provides standard linked list features and you should
> > consider using those instead of rolling your own.
>
> There is a reason for this approach: the very same code (with exception of the
> interface code part) is also available for libgcrypt -- see [1] and gcrypt-
> devel. I did not want to have different code, because any bug fix relevant to
> the one implementation is also important to the other. Thus, I feel that it is
> beneficial to use the linked list feature as implemented in the current DRBG.
>
> [1] http://www.chronox.de/drbg.html

This is unacceptable.  We are not going to add crap to the kernel
just because the same crap exists elsewhere.

Please fix this or I will be reverting your patches.

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>