Delaying stat check

Hi,
Is there any way to make cachefilesd *NOT* re-validate it's cache of a
file upon access for a certain period of time?

We'd like to be able to give a "timeout", say 5 minutes, where
cachefilesd will not go to the backend server to make sure it's cache is
up to date - not even to hit it for mtime/etc info. After that
configured time has expired, cachefilesd would then re-validate the
mtime/etc and pull in a new file if the data has changed.

The reason for asking this is that the vast majority of our data does
not change often, and we can significantly reduce IO and increase
performance if we limit the number of times metadata is validated across
the network.

Is this something that is possible?

Thanks,
Darren.

--
Darren Austin - Systems Administrator, Widgit Software.
Tel: +44 (0)1926 333680.    Web: http://www.widgit.com/