Re: cat a /proc entry

2012/11/21, ratheesh kannoth <ratheesh.ksz@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
>
> is there size limit on the buffer content as i am using  "cat" command
> ( so ,not allocating any buffer in userspace, so not doing any
> copy_to_user from kernel; simply doing  sprintf(buffer, %s , data )
> from kernel  for a big data  )
>
> -Ratheesh

Hello,

I'm not sure to understand your problem.
Do you write userland or kernelland code?
If you write kernel code, why don't you just use the API behind the
/proc file system?
If you write userland code, what is your problem with the buffer
allocation? You can allocate a buffer as big as your memroy allows it.

Celelibi