Re: free space inode generation (0) did not match free space cache generation

Hello,

thanks for your help, I appreciate your hint.
I think (reboot into the system with the fs mounted as root still
outstanding), it fixed my problem.
I read through the FAQ you mentioned, but I must admit, that I do not
fully understand.
What I am wondering about is, what caused this problem to arise. The
filesystem was hardly a week old, never mistreated (powered down without
unmounting or so) and not even half full. So what caused the data chunks
all being allocated?

The only thing that I could think of is that I created hourly snapshots
with snapper.
In fact in order to be able to do the balance, I had to delete something
-so I deleted the snapshots.

Can you tell me where I can read about the causes for this problem?
Besides this:
You recommend monitoring the output of btrfs fi show and to do a
balance, whenever unallocated space drops too low. I can monitor this
and let monit send me a message once that happens. Still, I'd like to
know how to make this less likely.

Greetings,
Hendrik