Re: No space left on device, problem

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2013, at 3:53 PM, Igor M <igork20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> I even added enospc_debug mount option, still no messages.
>
> If it were kernel enospc, you should have messages in dmesg.
>
> What version of btrfs progs when making the btrfs volume?
>

>> cp: failed to extend ‘/usr/local/mysql/data/gbdata/parts_0016.MYD’: No
>> space left on device
>
> Reboot with kernel parameter ignore_loglevel and retry the copy, and see if you now have anything in dmesg at the time of the copy.

Some more info. This files are MySQL database files. Tables contains
only text so they compress well.
But, if I copy some uncompressable file, for example some video than
everything is ok, no error message, copy is successfull.
I also tried mounting without compression (without compress-force=lzo)
and in this case no error is reported.
So it seems it's something with compression ?

I'll try rebooting with ignore_loglevel parameter.