Re: Why cannot I move a read-only snapshot around?

On Oct 24, 2013, at 5:13 PM, Karl Kiniger <karl.kiniger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu 131024, Chris Murphy wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 24, 2013, at 4:46 PM, Karl Kiniger <karl.kiniger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In what way would a r/o snapshot be modified because of moving its
>>> "mount point" ? No one is ever doing something inside.
>>
>> For the same reason I can't move or rename a read only directory even though I'm not doing something inside.
>
> I see now: the .. entry would change if the directory were being moved.
>
> Still hoping there is a better way on btrfs than sending and receiving the snaps
> just to a different folder.

Presumably you can rename/move the containing folder. So if it's in a folder already, create a replacement for it, mv the current containing folder into the replacement. And then rename them however you want.

Chris Murphy--

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]