Re: Corrupt btrfs filesystem recovery... What best instructions?

On Oct 2, 2013, at 6:49 PM, Martin <m_btrfs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> kernel: btrfs read error corrected: ino 1 off 907183792128 (dev /dev/sdc sector 1781821200)

Can anyone answer if this is what corrupt metadata detection and correction looks like? From the original email this is a single disk, with default mkfs.btrfs. So I guess I'm asking an almost obvious question, but I'm still going to ask it. There is only one copy of data, but two copies of metadata so it can self-correct for metadata corruption.

Next question. Why is -o recovery needed to get this correction behavior? The original post was completely devoid of messages indicating correction.

Chris Murphy--

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]