Re: Questions regarding logging upon fsync in btrfs

On 30 September 2013 22:47, Josef Bacik <jbacik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:30:59PM +0200, Aastha Mehta wrote:

>> > Yeah if the file is an inline extent then it will be copied into the log
>> > directly and the log will be written out, no going through the data write path
>> > at all.  Max inline == 0 should make it so we don't inline, so if it isn't
>> > honoring that then that may be a bug.  Thanks,
>> >
>> > Josef
>>
>> I tried it on 3.12-rc2 release, and it seems there is a bug then.
>> Please find attached logs to confirm.
>> Also, probably on the older release.
>>

> Oooh ok I understand, you have your printk's in the wrong place ;).
> do_writepages doesn't necessarily mean you are writing something.  If you want
> to see if stuff got written to the disk I'd put a printk at run_delalloc_range
> and have it spit out the range it is writing out since thats what we think is
> actually dirty.  Thanks,
>
> Josef

No, but I also placed dump_stack() in the beginning of
__extent_writepage. run_delalloc_range is being called only from
__extent_writepage, if it were to be called, the dump_stack() at the
top of __extent_writepage would have printed as well, no?

Thanks

--
Aastha Mehta
MPI-SWS, Germany