Re: brtfs on top of dmcrypt with SSD. No corruption iff write cache off?

On Monday 13 February 2012 11:14:00 Marc MERLIN wrote:

> I knew that it created some security problems but I had not yet
> found the page you just gave, which effectively states that TRIM
> isn't actually that big a win on recent SSDs (I thought it was
> actually pretty important to use it on them until now).

In addition TRIM has always been problematic for SATA SSD's as it was
initially specified as a non-queueable command:

https://lwn.net/Articles/347511/

However, it appears that a queueable TRIM command has been introduced
for SATA 3.1:

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/21311

cheers!
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]