Re: BTRFS Duplicated UUID on /home

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:10 AM, Bryce Myers <bmyers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have 4 partitions on my hard drive
> 1 = /boot on ext2
> 2 = Swap
> 3 = / on brtfs
> 4 = /home on btrfs
>
> The uuid on partition 3 on my last boot was cloned to partition 4, so when I try to mount either 3 or 4 they both mount the / partition.
>
> We tried 7182011 git, and the current version in the ARCH 1062010, and neither had an option for resetting the UUID that we could find.  Both partitions were btrfsck'd and returned no errors.

Resetting the UUID on btrfs isn't a quick-and-easy thing - you have to
walk the entire tree and change every object. We've got a bad-hack in
meego that uses btrfs-debug-tree and changes the UUID while it runs
the entire tree, but it's ugly as hell.

You shouldn't clone btrfs really, just make a new filesystem.

Auke