Balance taking a lot longer than before

Hi devs,

I've been using btrfs on my file server since 2.6.32 and after upgrading to .33 I noticed that rebalancing took way longer than before.

I have a 5 disk array used for a btrfs md setup, different hard drive sizes, brands, and interfaces.

The last time I rebalanced I was using about 800GB of space on the 4.6TB array, and I started before I went to sleep and it was done when I woke up.

I'm in the middle of a rebalance right now, currently using 950GB, and it has been a full day and the rebalancing is not done yet. Is this an expected change? Is there any way to tell how much longer it will take? Do you need to know more info about the setup?

Thanks,

—
Mark Rada
marada@xxxxxxxxxxxx