Re: [RFC v3] mgmt-api: Add support for Read Remote RSSI

Hi Lukasz,

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 5:37 AM, Lukasz Rymanowski
<lukasz.rymanowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +Register Remote RSSI Change Command
> +===================================
> +
> +       Command Code:           0x0031
> +       Controller Index:       <controller id>
> +       Command Parameters:     Address (6 Octets)
> +                               Address_Type (1 Octet)
> +                               Threshold (1 Octet)
> +       Return Parameters:      Address (6 Octets)
> +                               Address_Type (1 Octet)
> +
> +       This command is used to register on Remote RSSI Change with given
> +       threshold. If threshold is exceeded then Remote RSSI Changed event
> +       is sent.
> +
> +       Threshold shall be greater than 0.
> +
> +       Threshold will be remembered during power down/up toggles.
> +
> +       This command generates a Command Complete event on success
> +       and on failure.
> +
> +       Possible errors:        Invalid Parameters
> +                               Invalid Index

What should happen if you attempt a Register again for the same address?

I wonder also how can you tune the period for the readings (at least a
debugfs entry should be provided for this). E.g. every 1s , every 10s
etc.

> +Unregister Remote RSSI Change Command
> +=====================================
> +
> +       Command Code:           0x0032
> +       Controller Index:       <controller id>
> +       Command Parameters:     Address (6 Octets)
> +                               Address_Type (1 Octet)
> +       Return Parametes:       Address (6 Octets)
> +                               Address_Type (1 Octet)
> +
> +       This command is used to unregister from Remote RSSI Change event
> +       started with Register Remote RSSI Change command.
> +
> +       This command generates Command Complete event on success
> +       and on failure.
> +
> +       Possible errors:        Rejected
> +                               Invalid Parameters
> +                               Invalid Index

In which case "Rejected" will be reported?

Best Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
http://www.indt.org/?lang=en