Re: Any program suitable for Backingband?

Hello Jostein!
Nama can basically do this. You can start/stop via spacebar, you can have a recorded clicktrack or use the clicktrack LADSPA plugin. Youcan of course have multiple channels out.
  but I'm pretty sure, that Ardour can do the same and more for you as well.
If you want the really easy way, you might give mplayer a try. I think it does support multiple channel output. No real clicktrack though, so it will have to be recorded. But you can have a playlist and work your way through it. You need multi-channel audio files though, no individual track-files as such. but these could be created.
  Best wishes
         Julien