Re: Synthesized voices [was :Re: [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)]

On Mon, September 3, 2012 6:46 am, SxDx wrote:
> [...]

You can create your own voices so the default voice should not be used as
the reference for a singing voice. Even then I was amazed by how close to
real it sounded for chanting emulation.

> What we hear in the video
> above is much more realistic and I wondered how they do
> that. Seems it's not public knowledge.

TTS is a huge research area.

Some people are putting their work online.

http://gitorious.org/lauloid

http://stephane.magnenat.net/music.html

IIRC there is some very advanced open source voice synth software
originating in France. I can't recall the name of the institute who
sponsors the development but I'm sure there are others on this list who
know of it.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd