Re: [LAD] Kontakt sampler format (and others like EXS24)

On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 11:10 +1000, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Another example, Behringer ships Audacity with every single product
> they sell. Clearly the global market leader for audio production
> hardware sees some value in open source too. We can get an idea of
> their market base by looking at their end of year or quarterly
> financial reports.

>From Behringer I own a Modulizer Pro, ADA 8000 and an Eurorack UB2442FX.
I never noticed even a hint to Audacity by a slip of paper. I don't
claim that there isn't such a hint, but I never noticed it. You
shouldn't expect that customers take care about all the slip of paper,
stickers, advertising brochures etc., that ship with a Behringer
product. I don't think that I'm the only one thinking that those things
are waste. Who does put on a Behringer sticker on something? Even if
some people should notice that there is a hint to Audacity, that doesn't
mean that they attach more value to it, than to a sticker.

2 Cents,
Ralf