Re: Dublin buskers must have at least 20 songs

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any law whatsoever is using a gun against a person. If you do not obey the
> law,
> they will have you fined. If you do not pay the fine, they will imprison
> you. If you  run away, they will shoot you.
Tthis is like a reverse stepping stone theory. We need to make posters
with a bloody
bullet-ridden corpse on holding his guitar saying "Busking? just say
no!". On the video you
could maybe hear the guy whisper "We shall overcome..." before he dies
of police brutality.

 > So any law in principle is using force against someone who has not
done so to you.
Most laws will not allow you to use force unless something was done to
you. Of course,
if they shoot your sister dead, it's actually other people who come and pick
up the guy who did it, so that is *really* unfair.

> If you believe that the only way to solve problems is to point guns at
> people - then I do not agree. But then
> again, if you believe in using guns, then of course my disagreement is yet
> another
> reason to force me to obey, right?
You can disagree all you want. Just don't make a song out of it and
perform it on the streets
of Dublin... You'll need 20 people to disagree with and 20 different
songs before you can do that,
 but given the relative abundance of sane people that should not be a problem.
Immanuel
P.S. There's a guy parked before my garage right now...and he doesn't
know his time is up
yet...