Re: [LAD] [Android|OT?] CamSynth - Just an experiment

Am 25.07.2012 08:50, schrieb Florian Paul Schmidt:

Hi,

I don't know if this is on-topic or off-topic - technically it runs on a linux, but then, maybe, just, no, no Android on LAD?? :D But anyways: I played a little with Android Development and hacked up a little experimental Synthesizer app.

https://github.com/fps/android_camsynth

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.fps.camsynth

It's free and open source and renders 8 voices (on my LG-P500) with a trivial (and wrong :D) synthesis method where the voice gains are determined by the camera image at a 8 x 8 px resolution..

I guess it's somewhat a minimal project which can be instructive to some (the synthesis part is implemented in C via JNI). And the code is very small..

Have fun,
Flo

Hi

I have just try it out, funny, indeed.

Drawback was that my handy slip into standby mode and the synth is still running, after switch it on again I found no way to stop it, it wasn´ t in the task manager, and the return button wouldn´ t stop it. So I need to de-install it, to stop cansynth.

Anyhow, thanks for a new toy for my android, and for the "Example Source" :-)

greets
hermann