Re: pure data midi autoconnect

Whoops! Somewhat garbled opening paragraph, there. Oh, well. You probably get the idea.

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM, James Mckernon <jmckernon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me remove an irritating behaviour of pure data which I've noticed lately. When running qjackctl, and selecting 'alsa midi' in pd to initialize its

it connects its output to all other midi inputs, and its input to all other midi outputs (including through-midi on both sides, meaning it is essentially sending midi to itself, as well as everything else.) This is mildly irritating during normal usage, but is now becoming outright unmanageable, as I am currently trying to write some scripts to automatically set up my audio environment for live performance (including midi and jack audio connections).

Can anyone suggest a way to supress this behaviour? Thanks.

n.b. Cross-posted this because I believe the subject concerns both lists.