STUDIO 300 Digital Art and Music Festival, 2012: DEADLINE is April 15, 2012 =====================================================================TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY is accepting submissions for the STUDIO 300 Digital Art and Music Festival. This international festival will take place in Lexington, Kentucky, USA on September 28 & 29, 2012.
MISSIONThe Studio 300 Festival explores creative manifestations of technology through concerts and exhibitions of digital art and music. This year’s festival will feature concerts in Haggin Auditorium, and multimedia gallery exhibits in the Morlan Gallery and the BYTE Gallery kiosk. Artists and musicians from Lexington and across world will be participating. A late night concert will also take place off campus at Al’s Bar.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE Submissions must be received by April 15, 2012. There is no submission fee. PARTICIPATION GUIDELINESComposers and Artists whose works are accepted and programmed for performance in concerts or installations are required to attend in person. Composers and Artists are expected to provide their own performers if needed. Hotel discount rates will be available, and participants will receive free admission to all events. A registration fee of $45.00 is required for participation. Early registration fee (received before May 1st, 2012) is only $25.00, instead of $45.00.
Composers and Artists whose works are accepted for the BYTE Gallery digital kiosk are not required to attend in person, but are certainly welcome. Participants in the BYTE Gallery are not required to pay a registration fee.
===================================================================== WORK CATEGORIES 1) Electro-Acoustic Music: Fixed Media (Concert or BYTE Gallery)The Electro-Acoustic Music category is for fixed works of music/sound art. These works should be electronically/digitally conceived and produced. In other words, these should not be recordings of vocal or instrumental acoustic compositions. It is certainly acceptable, however, that works may be derived from acoustic sound sources. Stereo or multichannel (5.1, Quad, or Double Diamond 8(Front:L,C,R;Side:L,R; Rear: L,C,R) is acceptable for concert presentation, although a stereo mix should be available for BYTE Gallery works.
2) Electro-Acoustic Music: With Performer(s) (Concert only)The Electro-Acoustic Music category is for works of music/sound art that involve a live performance element, including interactive works.
3) Videomusic (Concert or BYTE Gallery)The Videomusic category is for works that explore non-narrative abstraction with equal emphasis on electro-acoustic music/sound art and moving images. Stereo or multichannel (5.1, Quad, or Double Diamond 8(Front:L,C,R;Side:L,R; Rear: L,C,R) is acceptable for concert presentation, although a stereo mix should be available for BYTE Gallery works.
4) Dramatic Video (BYTE Gallery only)The Dramatic Video category is a theatrical work of short video/film where digital technology is an essential part of the creative process. The video should be accompanied by stereo audio, unless it is intentionally silent. If the work includes sound, it must be stereo.
5) Animation (Concert or BYTE Gallery)The Animation category is for video works that explore non-narrative abstraction with primary emphasis on moving images. Works may or may not include sound. Stereo or multichannel (5.1, Quad, or Double Diamond 8(Front:L,C,R;Side:L,R; Rear: L,C,R) is acceptable for concert presentation, although a stereo mix should be available for BYTE Gallery works.
6) Digital Print/Still Image (BYTE Gallery only)The Digital Print/Still Image category is for fixed/still artworks where digital technology is an essential part of the creative process.
7) Installation (Various locations)Interactive installation/sound sculptures. Artists submitting installation works should submit an abstract along with supporting imagery, diagrams or footage of the installation. Artists will be required to provide all resources: computers, speakers, etc.
8) Late-Night Club Electro Music (Concert only)This category allows for electronic/computer/techno/electronica, etc., music that explores hybrid forms, intended for bar/club venues. DJ set, jam band, songwriters, jazz soloist with a machine counterpart, etc., as long as the electronic part is significant and relevant, works in this category are welcome.
===================================================================== SUBMISSION GUIDELINESSubmission is through email only—do not attach anything to the email, instead provide web links to your application materials. Each entrant may submit up to two (2) works.
Email your submission to studio300@xxxxxxxxxx Submissions must be received no later than April 15, 2012. Completed submissions will include: 1) web link to a pdf/text file of the application form (see below) 2) web link to the submitted work (audio file, image file, movie file, etc.) 3) web link to a photo (image file) of the artist/composer/producer Any questions? Please contact: Dr. Timothy Polashek Director, STUDIO 300 FESTIVAL AT TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY tpolashek@xxxxxxxxxx ===================================================================== SUBMISSION FORM 1) Name of creator/s: ________________________________________________ 2) Address of creator/s: _____________________________________________City, State, Zip code, Country: _________________________________________________
3) Phone number of creator/s: (____) _______________________________ 4) E-mail of creator/s: _______________________________________________ 5) Category of Submission (check one): ____ Electro-Acoustic Music: Fixed Media (Concert or BYTE Gallery) ____ Electro-Acoustic Music: With Performer(s) (Concert only) ____ Videomusic (Concert or BYTE Gallery) ____ Dramatic Video (BYTE Gallery only) ____ Animation (Concert or BYTE Gallery) ____ Digital Print/Still Image (BYTE Gallery only) ____ Installation (Various Locations) ____ Late-Night Club Electro Music (Concert only) 6) Title of piece: _______________________________________________ 7) Duration: _____ minutes ______ seconds8) Names of other artists or contributors: _____________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________ 9) Year of completion: _____ 10) Link for downloading your submissions materials: _____________________________________________________________ 11) Program note for the piece (100 words): _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ 12) Biography of the artist (100 words): _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________13) Should your work be chosen for STUDIO 300 FESTIVAL, do you grant permission of this use, acknowledging that this use is voluntary and that you will not be compensated for your participation?
______ Yes ______ No14) Do you wish your work to be considered for programming on concerts? Composers programmed for concerts are required to attend in person.
______ Yes ______ No15) Do you wish your work to be considered only for the BYTE Gallery kiosk? Composers/artists included in the BYTE Gallery are not required to attend in person.
______ Yes ______ No16) Do you wish your work to be considered for both the BYTE Gallery kiosk AND concerts? Composers/artists included in the BYTE Gallery are not required to attend in person. Composers programmed for concerts are required to attend in person.
______ Yes ______ No 17) Do you approve of your work being accompanied by dance? ______ Yes ______ No18) Should your work be chosen for the STUDIO 300 FESTIVAL, do you give permission to use audio clips, images of your work, and your likeness (photo image file) in university promotional materials?
______ Yes ______ No URL for this CALL FOR WORKS! http://www.transy.edu/music/STUDIO_300/2012_Call_for_Works.htmlFor more information contact Timothy Polashek (tpolashek@xxxxxxxxxx), director of the STUDIO 300 Festival, Transylvania University, 300 North Broadway, Lexington, KY 40508 USA
STUDIO 300 Digital Art and Music Festival, 2012 September 28 & 29, 2012 Lexington, Kentucky USA _______________________________________________ Linux-audio-user mailing list Linux-audio-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
[ALSA Users] [ALSA Devel] [Linux Media] [Kernel] [Online Dating] [Photo Sharing] [Gimp] [Yosemite News] [Video 4 Linux]