Re: midi file editing

On 03/14/2012 02:51 AM, Renato wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:11:17 +0530
Rustom Mody<rustompmody@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

[I am asking this after wrestling with rosegarden for an hour or so
and getting no sound]

Hi, sorry if this is obvious to you, but just in case, you'd
probably need a soundfont (like fluidr3) and a soundfont player (like
qsynth) to have sound - maybe rosegarden has a built-in soundfont
player?

No, it doesn't. That's what qsynth, whysynth or Timidity (if you can make it work) is for.

Anyway you should be able to make it output the midi of the
track to qsynth (using qjackctl), and therefore have sound.

RG 11.11.42 just automatically connects.

I use RG mostly for scores. Bringing in a MIDI file usually requires some cleanup. For one thing, RG prefers contrapuntal compositions to have a separate track for each of the melodies, while lots of MIDIs from the web have all the melodies on the same track.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx