Re: A netbook which is good for Linux Audio

On 03/13/2012 10:38 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
On 03/13/12 09:00, Louigi Verona wrote:
Hey guys!

Every once in a while this question is asked on the list. This time it is
me. I want to buy a netbook, for it to be easy to carry around and have
long battery life.
My wife has a Samsung X120, which is great. She runs Photoshop on it
quite
fine. But it is out of stock almost everywhere.

I was wondering if anyone of you can advice a netbook that will work well
with Linux (I use Ubuntu) and yet have enough performance to work with
Linux Audio.

Hello Louigi,

I think anything will do as long as it runs Linux. I have a cheap
Packard Bell (part of Acer) and it works fine for me besides some
quirks. I basically chose it because it had a 11,6" screen and a
full-size keyboard. If I'd to buy a new one I would pick one out that
fits my needs, check if the hardware is supported and then I'd buy it
online.

Best,

Jeremy

I have a friend whose household uses a mix of Asus and Toshiba netbooks for everything except a single full-size server tower. They all run Debian Linux just fine. The Toshibas have very good keyboards. He doesn't do pro audio on them, so he's been happy with the built-in Intel sound hardware.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx