Re: Simple hardware

i had a Behringer UCA-202 , Phono Pre version

its ADC clipped on almost all my records, and there is no gain control, on either it or my turntable. (most of my records are DNB/House 12"s cut fairly hot). so it was pretty much useless. ended up donating it to goodwill along with a turntable

i much prefer the ART Tech pre, in a tank-style case, with a gain pot, roughly +-12dB range, and a Red LED to indicate clipping.