Multiple ICE1712 cards setup with jack2

Hi,

I have two M-Audio Delta1010LT cards on Ubuntustudio 10.04 with FalkTx's
repos. I double checked, this is happening also on Kubuntu 11.10. Also
it's not a matter of the kernel, currently using  2.6.33-29-realtime.
I use Jack2, where can I find the exact version?
Only thing I know, it's jackdmp 1.9.7.
The cards are hardware synced via S-PDIF.
In envy24control, a mixer program that knows about these features, hw:0
is set to internal clock and hw:1 is set to S-PDIF.

I know of three options to get both cards working simultaneously, but
none is working quite perfectly.

a)use .asoundrc
I have a .asoundrc from the web.
After a few seconds, it crashes saying this:

Unknown request 4294967295
Destination port in attempted (dis)connection of system:monitor_6 and
system:monitor_6 is not an input port
Unknown request 4294967295
Unknown request 0
Unknown request 0
Unknown request 0
Unknown request 4294967295
Unknown request 0
Unknown request 4294967295
Unknown request 4294967295
jackd: ../common/JackGraphManager.cpp:45: void
Jack::JackGraphManager::AssertPort(jack_port_id_t): Assertion
`port_index < fPortMax' failed.

While running, it produces tons of xruns, each of them with -v option
generates a message like

Jack: fPollTable i = 1 fd = 11
Jack: JackRequest::Notification
Jack: JackEngine::NotifyClient: no callback for event = 3
Jack: JackEngine::NotifyClient: no callback for event = 3

The last thing I get before crashing is:

Jack: JackRequest::ConnectPorts
Jack: fPollTable i = 1 fd = 11
Jack: fPollTable i = 1 fd = 11
Jack: fPollTable i = 1 fd = 11
Jack: fPollTable i = 1 fd = 11
Jack: JackRequest::ConnectPorts
Jack: JackEngine::PortConnect src = -1 dst = 3
Jack: JackGraphManager::AssertPort port_index = 4294967295

But there is no delay of the second card.

b) use jack_load
this is working best atm, only it introduces a delay to the channels of
the second card when recording with ardour. I measured the delay... it's
exactly (periods/buffer)*(frames/period) frames.
However, I'm not able to delay the first card with the -O or -I options.
Probably the second is delayed as well, or this option is not working.
In ardour I can move the regions to be in sync, but it gets quite
confusing in bigger sessions.
Btw does jack_load resample?

c)use alsa_in
produces the same delay but additionally uses a lot of cpu. Resampling
is not what I want, and also shouldn't be necessary.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
I'd prefer a solution without resampling, as these cards are already
synced. Also there should be no delay and it should keep running for hours.
Thx!
Any help is appreciated.

/mn0