Trouble Creating File

Hi all,

I am new to assembly language and I am having trouble
writing a program that creates a file.  The file does
get created, however, the program always causes a
segmentation fault.  The program is called "test" and
you give the name of the file you wish to create as an
argument, like so:  ./test create.txt

..section .data
..section .bss
..lcomm BUFFER, 500
..section .text
..globl _start
_start:

  movl %esp, %ebp  #setup for referencing the stack

  #Open/Create the file we are writing to
  movl $5, %eax
  movl 8( %ebp ), %ebx
  movl $03101, %ecx
  movl $0666, %edx
  int $0x80
  movl ( %eax ), %ebx    #save the fd

  #close the file
  movl $6, %eax
  int $0x80

Can anyone help me out as to why I am getting the
segmentation fault?

Robert